All you need to know about ScoutAid Uganda!
- Our Mission is to empower young people in undeserved families and communities through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law enabling them succeed in life.
- Our Vision is to create a sustainable environment guided by scout values to ‘Leave No Child Behind.
ScoutAid Uganda is a Development Agency for Young People’s Empowerment through Scouting. It promotes Life Skills training, transformation, development of children and youth self-realization, responsibility, good citizenship, better community and world at large.
ScoutAid Uganda (SAU) was established in answer to the growing need of values of the Scouting program for the underserved and most at-risk disadvantaged youth in underserved families and communities. SAU specializes in promoting creative and innovative programs and services for youth’s character development, training, acquisition of skills and competencies necessary for success in school and life and addressing some of society’s most pressing issues impacting the youth ranging from poverty, poor education, poor health services, water, lack of information or ignorance and others. Today SAU is a reputable Scout Development Agency dedicated to the fulfilment of the Scout Promise and Law.
Scouting Programs in Uganda at its core is basically about helping young people succeed. Within it the empowering of young people is very critical and therefore bringing scout services to areas most at-risk disadvantaged youth in underserved families and communities in deep rural areas, high-poverty stricken urban slums that are faced with many challenges ranging from poverty, poor education, poor health services, water, lack of information or ignorance and others hence extremely vulnerable to exploitation. The rural and slum young people are overly less privileged, less skilled and prone to abuse and exploitation. SAU carries out an INTEGRATED SCOUT DEVELOPMENT INIATIVE approach drawn from the years of scouting experience that focuses on the five core program areas.
- >> Duty to God - Adherence and Commitment to spiritual principles, loyalty to religion and accepting the duty resulting from that religion.
- >> Duty to others - Loyalty to one’s country in harmony with the promotion of local, national and international peace, understanding and cooperation.
- >> Duty to self - Responsibility for the development of oneself.
- >> To give children and young people in Uganda a better opportunity to develop their full potential regardless of background.
- >> Acquisition of skills and competencies necessary for success in school and life; and
- >> Address some of society’s most pressing issues impacting these young people.
Charles Mugasa, Scout Rover
John Mary Ayebale, Scout Rover
Claudia Alinda, Girl Guide